Aa
A
A
A
Close
Anxiety Community
23.1k Members

What to expect after your implanon is taken out

I am planning to take my implanon out in a couple weeks because it has caused extremely bad anxiety and depression for me. I have heard a few things about what happens when you get it taken out. First I would like to say that my doctor is having me start my new birth control method a week before I get it taken out. So I have heard that a lot of people get pregnant soon after getting it removed. I would like to know if this is true, if so were you using another form of birth control or condoms? My next question; I have heard that it is common for your first pregnancy after the implanon is a miscarriage. Has this happened to anyone? The reason im getting it taken out is to see if that was the cause of my anxiety and depression. If that is the case how long after I get it taken out will I start to feel myself again? Will the BC pills have the same effect as the implanon? If you have an answer or comment to any of these questions please comment. Thank you!
1 Responses
Ask your Dr if you need to use a back up birth control method like condoms the first month of being on the pill. I'm not sure if you have to do that with every birth control pill but I do know with some you do.
So, you never had anxiety and depression until you got the implant? It's really hard to say how long it will take to get out of your system. Another question for your Dr. I would think it would be pretty fast.
No, taking the pill does not mean this will happen again. If by chance it does there are several other birth control pills to choose from.
Have an Answer?
Top Anxiety Answerers
Arlington, VA
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out what can trigger a panic attack – and what to do if you have one.
A guide to 10 common phobias.
Take control of tension today.
These simple pick-me-ups squash stress.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?