Anxiety Community

Xanax

Ive been taking xanax for a month and a week. Its 1mg but the doctor said to only take half of it on the night. But my psyquiatrist wants me to stop taking it now...Is it going to bring me withdrawal symptoms??? I only took half of a 1mg xanax every night as said by my doctor....Im afraid of the withdrawal symptoms could somebody give me advice thanx.....
Everyone is different, but my guess is you may just feel a bit anxious and shakey for a few days. Will your parents be aware that you are going to be stopping it? I think it is a good idea to let them know that way if you get anxious or shakey they can remind you that its just temporary. :)
You need to follow the instructions of the doctor who PRESCRIBED the medication. You've been on a low dose for s short period of time, so you shouldn't have too much of an issue with withdrawal symptoms.  At the most, you may feel a little more jittery, irritable, and may notice some increase in anxiety.  If your symptoms are more severe, certainly let your doctor know about it.

Just out of curiosity, why did your doc say he advises you to d/c the Xanax?
Because he says it could be addicting.