Anxiety Community
23k Members

Zoloft

Does anyone know how long it takes for prozac to get out of your system, I was only on it for 2 weeks but had very bad side effects from it? My last does was Wed morning and now starting Zoloft. Still feeling very very anxious!! Any comments would help!!
Well both Prozac and Zoloft take weeks to kick in fully. What was your side effect on Prozac?
I was having panic attack after panic attack, on edge, jittery and very nervous and my head had really funny thoughts nothing really bad just was thinking of weird things!!
Did you start on a low dosage? Sorry you had those side effects but Prozac can take 6-8 weeks to start working fully. The first few weeks being the worst! I hope the Zoloft treats you better.
Prozac is the longest lasting ssri -- it stays in the body for about a month or more, whereas the others leave withing hours.  That is also why it is the easiest to stop taking -- the brain has some time to adapt to not having it in the system.  It's also why you have fewer problems missing a dose accidentally.  But it's also a stimulating antidepressant, so it doesn't tend to work for anxiety as well as, say, Zoloft even though it's an easier drug to quit taking.