Anxiety Community
23k Members

Zyprexa and weed?

I've been on Zyprexa for over a year now. I don't have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, but I do have very subtle manic-depression.
Yesterday I smoked weed after a very long time - the first time I'd ever smoked since I got on the Zyprexa.
It was a good trip, and for once I wasn't paranoid or anything of the sort. It was actually really enjoyable.
I want to know - will smoking marijuana frequently (say, two to three times a week) have any adverse effects on my mental health because of the Zyprexa? Is what I am doing safe?
It's not a good idea. Prescription antidepressents/psychotics are harmful to the body on their own, but when you start mixing you further confuse the body and set yourself up for a life-long habit that is hard to quit. I know that's not what you want to hear, but honestly you will be so happy you didn't. If the marijuana helped you feel better for you than Zyprexa has been, then it might be time to reconsider prescription meds in the first place.