anxeity and constant throat clearing

I have been recently having constant throat clearing issues , I had a Sinus operation done 11 years ago and since then i have not been having any issues , recently the issue has come up and haunting me again, its a very small amount of phlegm that's stuck and its irritating , i have been high on stress and anxiety  recently . I have consulted a ENT however i dont think its related to sinus as i have no other symptoms. Its very worse in the morning and calms down as day progresses and i am engaged on something i dont have it at all , evening it worsens and night during sleep i dont have issues . I have cut down all my food - on fruits , having warm water etc but it refuses to go down . I had a polyp near my rectum removed 10 years ago as well but at that time i had more acid reflux and not throat clearing issue .

Can some one suggest a remedy for the same ? is it related to stress and anxiety as i dont see any medical conditions triggering this , if so is there a solution for the same
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I suffer from allergies, and this sounds like an allergy, but I also went through a period when I was about 12 or 13 where I was clearing my throat all the time.  I think the allergies combined with what would become an anxiety problem just made me focus on it more than I had before.  Maybe that's all this is.
seems so i consulted the ENT again he says nothing great and put me on nasal spray and antacid for a week , however there is constant irritation due to thee clearing and throat seems to be inflammed due to this which is irritating, any way or medicine to control the anxeity??
Therapy with a psychologist who specializes in anxiety treatment is the first choice as long as you're functioning okay.  Medication comes in when you're not functioning well at all, in which case you'd see a psychiatrist.  There are many natural remedies that can take some of the edge off as well.  Meditation, exercise, and other relaxation techniques can be really helpful, and if therapy works you can learn how not to think anxious thoughts.  I'm not sure why you're taking an antacid, and don't take it very long -- they suppress acid, which the digestive system needs to digest protein and minerals, so the stomach will just keep producing more and more.  Safer things to use are plant remedies, which you can research.  The best known is aloe vera juice.  I don't see how cutting out warm water does anything for you, and a moderate amount of fruit is great because of the beneficial nutrients and the fiber.  Eating less food isn't the answer, not eating the foods that bother you is the answer.  For example, the two most common foods people eat that are problematic are dairy and wheat.  But you still need your nutrients.  It's this kind of thinking that sounds more like anxious thinking than your better nature, which is why I think therapy is a good idea for you.
great tks ,i will cut down on the antacid and take the aloe vera instead and will get consulted with the psychologist for therapy soon