anxiety disorder

Is it okay if I take 30mg of bus par with 0.25 mg of canal.  I have suffered from anxiety fir so many years. But I have always taken canal.  Re entry my Dr. Introduced Busbar manufactured in India.  
But I can halt walk out of my bedroom.

Kindly advice me on the way forward.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hello nyenda sorry you feel this way.
Im against medications when is about anxiety disorders..since this is not a illnes..is only that your nervs are damaged a little..

I took buspar aka busprione for 2 weeks and it made me have mood swings and since then i have brain zaps at night but not everytime..

So i don't know what you think..you should get on some meditation r and you should go and make some CBT. I will give you also some advice  about Dr. Clarie Weekes books and CD's that you should try.

Here is a link http://www.junior-anxiety-depression-exchange.org.uk/Relax.html

I just started to apply this methods is hard it take practice but slowly you will get over.

Make sure you dont stop medications without telling to your doctor since you will have worse side effects and worse anxiety
Helpful - 0
What is canal?  As to above, there's no being for or against medication, and nobody knows the cause of anxiety but it doesn't have anything to do with "the nerves."  It has to do with neurotransmitters and hormones acting in too strong a fashion, probably from miscommunication with a part of the brain called the amygdyla.  What you should do is the least invasive approach that works.  Buspar is something you should research, as it doesn't actually have a great record of working, but without knowing what canal is it's hard to answer.
Helpful - 0
Oh, wait, I see on your other post you meant Xanax.  Don't know the answer, but I"d say either seek anxiety therapy to learn how to get over it or, if you do need medication, probably time to investigate antidepressants.
Helpful - 0
I want to explain you some things.
The neurotransmitter is a myth made for marketing. Psyhiatric there is no test nothing to prove that. People with anxiety make theraphy and they become normal again, how they fixed the chemicals in the brain if they did not took medication? In my opinion and my research there is no connection to anxiety aboit neirotransmitter. Anxiety ia a learned behaivour caused by stress, not sleeping well, suprasolicitation, nervous fatique, and so one. In the past there was no anxiety in the 20's but now almost all the world has it. Is because we are not made for hard work all.over the place we forgot about ourselfs. This is the modern era thats the biggest issue.
Helpful - 0
I think you're awfully confused about mental illness.  First, therapy doesn't work for most people -- it works about 30% of the time in the very few double blind trials that can be devised (this was with CBT, which can be easier studied than other forms of therapy because it has a more standardized approach).  Meds also work about 30% of the time.  You can find this info on the NIH website.  If you keep looking for the right therapist, you can improve on this result sometimes, as you can by looking for the right med.  So that's first.  Second, while it's true we don't know what causes anxiety or any other mental illness, we do know what happens physiologically when you get it.  When you're anxious, neurotransmitters tell the adrenal gland to produce more cortisol, the fight or flight hormone, when it isn't necessary because we're not actually in any danger.  While you're correct that this isn't the cause of the disorder, it is the cause of many of the symptoms we feel when we have it.
Helpful - 0
Yes adrenal and cortisol are the stress hormones but when you say neurotranmitter i refered to serotonid adn dopamine...as most ppl say that.

Yes there is a connection on adrelan and cortisol butyou dont need meds for that. Pshycadelic meds.

And CBT is to manage your stress.

What i can tell you is that Anxiety is NOT a disease, illness, or biological condition you inherit or contract. It's also not a result of a chemical imbalance or biological problem in the brain.

ANd this is my conclusion . The chemical imbalance theory as a cause for anxiety and depressive disorders never was true. In fact, no experiment has ever shown that anyone has an ‘imbalance’ of any neurotransmitters or any other brain chemicals. The entire theory was hypothetical.

Over the last ten years, independent research has continually shown the chemical imbalance theory to be false. Furthermore, independent research has shown medications used to ‘correct’ the imbalance were largely ineffective with many fairing no better than placebo. And lets not forger the side effects
Helpful - 0
The only thing that ever helped me with my anxiety were medications.  They also destroyed my life.  You win some and lose some.  You're absolutely right, though, the chemical imbalance of serotonin theory was invented by pharmaceutical companies to sell drugs.  That doesn't mean chronic anxiety isn't an illness.  It has sure made me sick.  We just don't know what causes it yet, though the amygdyla in the primitive brain is the main culprit for anxiety now and glutamine is suspected for depression.  Just because we don't know yet the cause doesn't mean either that we ever will or that we never will.  Peace.
Helpful - 0
Im realy sorry for you about the drugs..you should start slowly to get off them adn you can.
And you also can manage your anxiety without them...you have that power to do it. I did it you can also...

Anxiety and Deppresion are emotions that we all have..but we can get them more in high dosage because we are not careful with our lives. Stress, not sleeping, eating fast food..there are a lot involved in this. But the main cause in this is the life style.. I hope you will get better.
Helpful - 0
No, I will never get better.  That's just life.  But I'm trying to get you not to overgeneralize -- you may have had a great outcome from your methods, but that doesn't mean everyone is like you.  It's great to offer suggestions to people, but not so hot to make people feel bad because they only find medication to help.  We're different in why we have anxiety and how to handle it.  Peace.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community