Anxiety Community

anxiety with no symptoms

I'm trying to discern a feeling of intense anxiety which has no measurable symptoms per se (e.g. elevated heart rate, increased breathing rate, or sweating), but invades my mind like a dark shadow.  I have reviewed articles related to GAD, but it doesn't appear to be caused by any negative thoughts or worries.  It just comes out of the blue sometimes; requiring me to stop what ever I'm doing and let it pass.  Only once had it overwhelmed me to the point where I called 911.  They checked my vitals and said there was nothing wrong.  But from my side it felt like I was loosing my mind.
Anxiety can present without any of the more common symptoms. What you're describing is more of a  "total body" anxiety...........but it's still anxiety. And like most anxiety/panic, it does just come "out of the blue." Which is most likely why we call them anxiety "attacks." I would urge you to discuss this with your doctor as sometimes there is an underlying physical cause for these sensations. You need to have those ruled out before a definitive diagnosis of anxiety disorder can be reached.
I wish you the best.
GAD, if you have it, and you really don't as it's present all the time, not just once in awhile, can be caused by negative thoughts that you don't notice until you learn about them in therapy.  As for your "vitals," that isn't how you check for a physiological cause of anxiety, and you won't get a thorough check-up by calling 911.  You have to see a regular doc for that, not someone doing triage.  Many things can be causing this, including blood sugar imbalances, hormone imbalances including thyroid and testosterone and other sexual hormones, hidden viruses, nutritional deficiencies, etc.  This stuff can be very hard to find, and most docs won't look very hard for them.  But it's still important to get a really thorough check-up anyway.  If it isn't physiological in nature, it's anxiety, and as Ruby said, for most of us it just seemed to come on out of the blue.  "It" doesn't require you to stop what you're doing, you choose to do that -- it's called avoidance, and it's what turns us into chronic sufferers.  When it gets to that point you need to do something about it before it gets way out of control.  Good luck.
Oh, sorry, I meant to start this off by saying, stay off the internet trying to diagnose yourself.  It will only make you crazy and terrified.  Google can be useful once you have a diagnosis and a treatment plan to check if it makes any sense, but you can't just Google symptoms and get anywhere -- any symptom fits a hundred diseases you don't have.