My heart beat or palpitation remains between 92 - 104 per minute.

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is this all the time or only when anxious? I would get in too see your doctor and get a work up done so they can ensure everything is ok. With anxiety during an attack its common to get a high pulse rate but it usually subsides when the attack does. Good luck
Helpful - 0
Due to your age this needs to be checked out by your doctor as there are several causes besides anxiety for this, and it's always best to error on the cautious side. Take care.
Helpful - 0
Is this something that has recently changed? Normal heart rates are between 60-100 BPM so you aren't outside the norm by much. If this IS recent, then you should have it checked to rule out a number of conditions that can cause our HR to increase.
Are you able to slow it down with deep relaxation and breathing? If so, it could be an anxiety related issue, but only your doctor can dx for sure.
Since you wrote to an anxiety forum, this is obviously causing you some concern, so see your doctor.
Peace
Greenlydia
Helpful - 0
Thanks for prompt respond.  

I have been checking this since last 30 years and found between 84-104 per minute may due to thyroid or my habit of hurry.

I did not contact doctor for this issue as I never found any problem with this.
Helpful - 0
If your HR has been in the range of 84-104 for 30 YEARS, then in my humble and non-medical opinion, I would say that rate is totally normal FOR YOU. My father had a HR that was considered high by many, but when he passed at age 92, it wasn't from heart problems.

If you have discussed your HR and any thyroid issues with your doctor and he sees no correlation, then let it go. If you are a Type A person.........always on the go, one would expect your HR to be higher than someone more sedentary.

If your blood pressure is good, you're not having any chest discomfort, this higher rate is not causing you any other symptoms like dizziness or anxiety, I'd relax about it but I WOULD make a point to discuss it with my doctor just to rule out any "silent" problem. Better to be safe.....................
Wishing you the best of health
Peace
Greenlydia
Helpful - 0
Please will somebody help me iv been suffering severe anxiety attacks and my head is always heavy and I'm constantly dizzy and my heart always races this anxiety has completely took over my lyf and I jus need 2 no if its ever goin 2 go away I feel as tho I carnt cope anymore I havnt done any of my normal day 2 day things in ages its bin months iv bin livin lyk this and I dnt no y its just come on my hearts pumpin nw while I'm writin this this anxiety is takin over me feel lyk am losin the plot please help me some1 if u cud private msg me suggestions I'd b soo gratefull
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community