Anxiety Community
23k Members

everyday shortness of breathe?

I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety, panic disorder, moderate depression, and PTSD.
Lately it's been worse than before, I feel like my heart is going to stop, I'm always short of breathe, my left side feels weird, and I keep thinking I have a blood clot. It's gotten to the point where I feel like I'm dying or slowly dying or will die any minute now.
I feel doomed, helpless, and just awful and always sick. I don't know what to do anymore.
I feel so short of breathe, been to the hospital so many times for it and they never find anything wrong yet I feel like something is wrong because it's not normal to be short of breathe all day everyday.
Someone please help me...
You are not alone. Try to trust what the hospital is telling you. I know its hard because I stuggle with the same thing, but the more you stress about it, the higher your anxiety will go and the more exaggerated the symptoms will be.

When you start feeling like you can't breathe, try taking a deep belly breath through your nose, hold for a few seconds then slowly release out of your mouth.

If you find that your symptoms are interferring with your life, you should consider medication.