health anxiety or health problems??

over the last two months I've been having a lot of health related anxiety. I'm a 16 year old female and I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. today I was in class and I was feeling fine and then I got ear pressure and when that happened my eyes couldn't focus and my head just felt really weird and I started getting clammy and my I felt like I couldn't feel my lips. my heart was beating hard and racing. and I thought I was going to have a seizure or aneurism or I was going to die. I don't know if it's my anxiety making me have those symptoms or not. I was just sitting there listening to my teacher I don't think I was even feeling anxious when it happened. has this ever happened to anyone? what all symptoms do you get? are all of mine normal and related to anxiety???? I'm freaking out
First, I don't think it a good idea to tell an anxious person, all the symptoms other sufferers experience (the power of suggestion might cause you to add them to your repertoire).

I've dealt with anxiety for decades and I've come to think of it as something to not obsess over but try to accept and kinda slide by it (the instant I start dwelling on my anxiety, it monopolizes my attention and tends to worsen).  

That said, there are ways to reduce anxiety experiences from happening such as:  drop caffeine containing foods and drinks (or cut way, way back); greatly reduce sugar intake (as that causes roller coaster blood sugar levels which wreck havoc on delicate mood balances); try to eat clean and healthy (homecooked) meals with decent amounts of fiber.

When you feel some anxiety coming on, try turning your focus to your breathing and aim to breathe slow, even breaths.  They need not and should not be especially deep breaths and you also want to avoid rapid breathing (as that flushes out the CO2 in your lungs -- the body relies on CO2's presence as a cue that everything's OK, its absence when flushed out through rapid breathing in the absence of high exertion tends to trigger a panicky sensation - precisely what you need to avoid; and that's also why breathing into a paper bag during a panic attack works so well for many).

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community