Anxiety Community
23k Members

lexapro/cymbalta

What will happen if I quit cold turkey with lexapro/cymbalt? I was taking lexapro 10mg for 5 months. Weight gain caused Md to change last week to Cymbalta 30 mg. I am recently divorced and was put on med during divorce. Divorce is final. I feel I wll be fine without meds. What happens if I cold turkey stop?
Hi..   You will have side effects and feel horrible. Talk to your Dr. I'm sure you'll be able to wein yourself slowly off of it completely. Hope you can work through this! Take care
You will have side effects since you have been taking them so long. I would call your doctor and tell them you want to try and get off the meds and they will give you a tapering schedule. You will feel awful if you quit cold turkey. Good luck to you.