Anxiety Community
23k Members

lexapro

Anyone have good results on lexapro? How about bad? I know you gain weight on it.
I've been on 10 mg. of Lexapro for a little over a year now, and I think it has helped me with my depression and OCD. Of course, everyone is different, so your results may vary. I've never had a weight problem, so that was not an issue for me. Also, I've been on other AD's such as Paxil, Zoloft, and Effexor, but the Lexapro seems to have fewer side effects. The only side effect that seems to slow me down is the fatigue, but I had this with the other AD's as well.

Just be sure to tell your doctor how you're reacting to Lexapro so he/she can adjust your dosage if necessary. Staying on an exercise program will help too. I've been going to the gym for 18 years, so my weight has stayed the same for most of that time. But I understand that some folks do gain weight on AD's.

I was very reluctant to get on an AD, but I'm glad I did. Hopefully, the day will come when that will no longer be necessary.