Anxiety Community
23k Members

lexapro

When is the best time to take Lexapro?  I tried a quarter pill two nights and it made me so sick the next morning and I couldn't sleep.  I really don't want to take anything, but I need to see if my symptoms are from anxiety or something else.  Thanks!
It really depends in my opinion.  Some people prefer the morning while others prefer the night...medications tend to affect people in different ways.  First, as long as you are taking it as prescribed you are doing the right thing.  Anxiety about taking medications, can really throw you for a loop in my opinion, because we tend to worry so much we are going to magnify many of the 'side effects.'  I am by no means saying that they are not there; When I started taking an SSRI like Lexapro, it actually increased my anxiety for a couple of weeks because I was worried about it and my body had to adjust to it.  But if troublesome side effects do continue, it is sometimes a little trial and error to find out which medication is the best for you.  Just keep in contact with your prescribing doctor and continue to express your concerns and questions...it is good to be proactive with this.