Anxiety Community
23k Members

lorazepam withdrawal

I was on 1.5 mgs of lorazepam, went down to 1 mg a day and was sleeping fine at first, now I'm having more anxiety and having trouble sleeping. I'ts been about a month. I am tempted to go back up to 1.5 again but i'm trying to remain strong. I'm even having to use some ambien to sleep and i'ts starting not to help. How long will this go on? and will my sleep pattern come back? Is it possible the withdrawls are actually getting worse?
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!! what are you doing!? don't ever mix ambien with Lorazepam, xanax, zoloft or any of the likes! There are interactions between these drugs

Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

not trying to upset you but drop the ambien

Were you taking all your Lorazepam at night??  I have taken 2mg of clonazepam (Klonopin) at night for way too long.  Part of the reason I finally joined this forum is because med changes are on my horizon and it's very anxiety provoking for me.

My doc has prescribed 7.5 mg of Mirtazapine (Remeron) at night, but I'm only taking half that amount.  My GP had prescribed some Ambian, but I was afraid to take it.
If you can live with the dry mouth, you will certainly sleep like a baby.  Trazadone is also often used for sleep issues.  Guidance from your doc is one of the strongest tools in your box.  I can really relate to your comment about trying to remain strong.  I'm trying to view change as a positive, rather than a disaster.  Something I tend to do.

Wising you well.  Will be interested to see follow up.  If you are experiencing withdrawl,  how your providers opt to help you with it and what the ultimate outcome is.  I'm only on day three of the wean down process with clonazepam.
I'm not taking the two drugs together, I dont use the lorazepam at night. I sleep about four hour on my own ,then take ambien to get a few more hours of sleep. Thanx for your concern. I tried trazadone before, but did'nt like it. It gave me headaches.