Anxiety Community
23k Members

pancied_08

hi, i currently take 60mg of prozac daily, 10mg of zyprexa daily, and have been given .25mg of xanax three times daily for a intense panic disorder. i feel ok on the prozac but really like the effect xanax is giving me, im a post grad student with presentations and exams feel i need the xanax, and also want to up my dosage in extreme circumstances e.g. college presentation, how much xanax is a safe amount to take, i want to take 4/6 tabs at one time of .25mg , safe or not?
Hi please be careful, the thing that worried me reading your post is the effect your getting from xanax? I would like to know what that feeling is? are you  saying its making you feel high? or is it just making your anxiety feel better? I beleave you should be very careful as to how many drugs you take and should just take what the doctor has told you to take, Please take care.
Ativan (Janis) knows whereof she speaks!

I'm glad you've posted here, and would like you to become a forum member because one of the BEST ways to get the most out of this forum to work is to JOIN it - become a part of it. Its easy -just click the Join Link -enter some profile information about yourself -even a picture if you care to- and anything you think would help us get to know you faster and better. You may also change this material whenever you like. You will also be accessible to receive private messages when other members click the name you've given yourself -sort of a "push to talk" feature. After you've done that, spend some time just using various features of the forum. For example, to see all the posts or responses that someone has made, just click their handle, go to their profile, click Posts, and read to your heart's content. You may also enter search terms -including member names- in the search box at the upper right of your screen and the system will retrun everything matching the term(s) you entered. This INCLUDES a drug database that will give you both user posts about drugs as well as the medical information about the drug. A great way to get quick answers about therapeutic effect, side effects, interactions, etc.

One of the profile categories is your mood, which you may change anytime you like.

Along the right side of your screen is a section of Recent Activity, which not only alerts you to new posts, but new ANYTHING, including journal entries and mood. This is a way to telegraph the community at large without actually creating a separate post. Thus, if you see a friend's mood has changed while you are working on a response or post, it can alert you to send them a private message to learn more or simply let them know you're thinking of them. Likewise, if you are going to be "out," you could enter something like "off line for the night" as your mood, and people would know you're away from the forum for awhile.

If you do this kind of exploring and experimenting right away, you'll be up-to-speed quickly. If you see the message you are reading now as part of a direct response I (or anyone) has made to one of your posts, it was probably copied and pasted from this journal. I hate form letters and auto-responses as much as anyone -but I also hate forgetting to tell people what they need to know, so this is my safety-net. Consider it as part of your "Welcome" kit. So -please join and try things out.

You might also want to read my entries for the "Right Click Trick" and "When in Haste, Use Copy 'n Paste" for some other convenient time-savers.

Your questions are timely and critical -not just to you but many tohers, so I hope you'll keep us posted on what works for you. Whatever you do, please be sure that decisions are made based on what doctors advise. The forum is a good place to take a poll -but your menatl health professional is the one who speaks with authority.

We're glad you are here!