what do i do help!

I think i probably have the worse case of anxiety up 2 the point i dont think people understand cuz even the deep breathing exersices is hard and when im learning with my therapist i just cant do it a lot people think that im just looking 4 attention but its that bad they gave me the maximum dose of prozac im not getting better i relay on benzos a lot of the drs said with all the years of expierence they have seen such sever anxiety disorder i have all types of anxiety sometimes i just want 2 throw in the towel nothing is working i just feel like i have 2 see as part of my life it just gets worse my therapist said dont fight the attack just let it pass i tried 2 do that it just gets worse he told me sit through it and it just gets worse its hard 2 explain cuz its like nobody knows how bad it is or they just dont understand i have anxiety n panic everyday

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. I do understand because I've been there myself. If someone has never had anxiety they can not understand what you're going though. Have your family and friends do some research on it.
Is Prozac the only antidepressant you've been on? They are many others to choose from. This med might not be the right one for you. I do understand why you were prescribed and AD because they not only help depression but, anxiety too. It all depends on the right one for you though.
Can I ask what benzo you're taking? Some are very short acting and some are much longer acting.
Helpful - 0
the benzo im using is clonopin
Helpful - 0
Are you in the US, or somewhere else in the world? What type of therapy are you receiving? I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder and I've seen therapists for years in the field of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and I also received 12 weeks of treatment for PTSD. I'm on Clonopin too, just switched from Xanax. Honestly, I am not impressed with it as far as meds go. Xanax is a nightmare that I had to get away from. My mom is remar, the one posting on here and she has full blown anxiety disorder so we really do understand.
Helpful - 0
I have had depression and anxiety all my life and taken Prozac 20 mg a day 20 years.
About 3 months ago a new doctor prescribed me 2x 10 mg a day of Buspar (generic buspirone).
I still take the prozac....20 mg a day about 5 times a week; but I swear by the Buspar. Although, i could wish that the effect would be a few hours longer. Buspar is really absolutely excellent for anxiety. A gentle sedative and anxiolytiqe combined.
I am prepared to BET YOU, with your doctors advice on dosages and taking into account the Prozac, that buspirone (buspar) would help you enormously. And it is not just me. Click the link....

http://www.************.com/boards/anxiety/635989-success-buspar.html
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community