Anxiety Community
23k Members

what should I do

Hey everybody,
I just wanted to write this to try and get some help if possible.  About 3 years ago I was having extreme panic attacks and my Dr. put me on zoloft 50, then 100, well it worked wonderful and I was so relaxed that I couldn't get anything done so he put me on Wellbutrin XL 150 to try and even me out and the combination of the two worked wonderful together.  Recently I decided to ween myself off of the Zoloft due to sexual and weight issues with this drug.  It's been about a month now and I am so irritable I can't stand myself, I am arguing with everyone and have been so depressed I don't know what to do.  Tomorrow I have an appt with a PA in my Drs. office and was wondering if I shoud ask her to bump my Wellbutrin XL to 300 mg and stay off of the Zoloft.  My only reason I am second guessing this is due to anxiety, I'm not having it now but I sure don't want to start and I don't know if taking this much Wellbutrin will make me more irritable.  Please can anyone give me any insight to this situation.  Would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
I am on 100mg zoloft.  I used it for panic and anxiety three years ago and it helped a lot along with therapy.  I was panic free for years.

My panic and anxiety returned with 'gusto' last month and I am now back on Zoloft.  I originally felt more anxious as I was going on it (like I do now), but after awhile it seemed to work fairly well.  How long were you on the Zoloft?  I had a few side effects, but they were tolerable because the benefits outweighed my reservations.  Finding the right medication can be trial and error.

I'm pretty much known as the mean one around here, momma, and I shan't spare you! You stated that recently you decided to wean YOURSELF off your Zoloft. In my humble opinion, that was a mistake. You should never take it upon yourself to wean off any med without the guidance of your prescribing doctor! And what you are going through right now is the reason why. It's a good thing you've got an appointment with the PA tomorrow. I think you need to take a copy of your post and show it to him/her and let THEM make any further adjustments in your meds. You can certainly express any and all fears you have at that time about your medications and POSSIBLE future problems, but I think you've done enough self-doctoring for now!
Keep us posted!
Peace
Greenlydia
First things, first, cup-cake! Join this community so we can more easily communicate with you. See below for details.

Now then, that greenlydia person, whoever SHE is, can be a pretty tough customer, can't she? But let me clue you in -she knows whereof she speaks. 'Nother words, it's all about yer doctor, OK? Understood, the current combo feels uncomfortable, but just deciding to change things mid-stream can leave you up the creek without a  -and you know the rest.

We'd like you to be around here for a while, so play along with the folks we pay to take care of us -and let us know how ytour next consult goes. And don't worry about greenlydia -she's only that wau because she cares.

And trust me again -I know whereof I speak.

OK?

Now, here's the joining stuff:
Its easy -just click the Join Link -enter some profile information about yourself -even a picture if you care to- and anything you think would help us get to know you faster and better, and you can change this material whenever you like. You will also be accessible to receive private messages when other members click the name you've given yourself -sort of a "push to talk" feature. After you've done that, spend some time just using various features of the forum. For example, to see all the posts or responses that someone has made, just click their handle, go to their profile, click Posts, and read to your heart's content. You may also enter search terms -including member names- in the search box at the upper right of your screen and the system will retrun everything matching the term(s) you entered. This INCLUDES a drug database that will give you both user posts about drugs as well as the medical information about the drug. A great way to get quick answers about therapeutic effect, side effects, interactions, etc.

One of the profile categories is your mood, which you may change anytime you like.

Along the right side of your screen is a section of Recent Activity, which not only alerts you to new posts, but new ANYTHING, including journal entries and mood. This is a way to telegraph the community at large without actually creating a separate post. Thus, if you see a friend's mood has changed while you are working on a response or post, it can alert you to send them a private message to learn more or simply let them know you're thinking of them. Likewise, if you are going to be "out," you could enter something like "off line for the night" as your mood, and people would know you're away from the forum for awhile.

If you do this kind of exploring and experimenting right away, you'll be up-to-speed quickly. If you see the message you are reading now as part of a direct response I (or anyone) has made to one of your posts, it was probably copied and pasted from this journal. I hate form letters and auto-responses as much as anyone -but I also hate forgetting to tell people what they need to know, so this is my safety-net. Consider it as part of your "Welcome" kit. So -please join and try things out.

You might also want to read my entries for the "Right Click Trick" and "When in Haste, Use Copy 'n Paste" for some other convenient time-savers.

We're glad you are here!