who has anxiety

does anyone suffer from anxiety..................
I do or have along with a depression (I believe they go hand in hand), I started experiencing it about 10 months after having my daughter and have been on meds since. They help and I am starting to feel back to normal. It has been a tough go though....
Yes i suffer saver anxiety,,along with bipoler,,I cant make ant friends because of feeling so nervous around people..i cant hold a job for more then 5 months,,i really have a hard time leving my houes ,even just to go shopping,,,
I'm pretty sure I do, though I don't tend to notice the typical symptoms described such as rapid heartbeat, seating, etc.  It's more like a sense of dread and maybe a hopeless feeling.  For instance if something triggers it I may feel the despiration to get out of a setting akin to drowning but without the breathing difficulties.

Or I may get into a crying spell that won't end.  I'm not sure if that would be crossing over to depression or both anxiety and depression....
Me-- I defidently have it and worse now in the past year with some medical problems.  When I told my friend what happened at the heart doctors last year she said oh you had a panick attack.  I'm like what are you talking about.  She also has them.  I just started with a therapist and they did prescribe celexa but I'm scared to take it.  I also take xannax as needed.  Just in the past month for some panic attacks.  They told me I should really start the celexa for the every day stuff. I hate taking meds and the last one I took 6 years ago was paxil and the side effects made me have to come off.  Besides the side effects it really made me feel "normal".  My anxiety was almost a 0.  I have a little problem with anxiety starting new medicines and I really work myself up before I have to take them.  Any advice on that would be helpful.  
Hi Tia;

I do feel for you but please listen to your doctor and take the meds. I took celexa and it did not really work for me. Then I tried Effexor and have been slowly increasing its doze (started at a 1/4 of a pill and once I felt like I could use/ tolerate more I added another 1/4). I am now at a (hopefully) required doze and feel very much like myself. I understand that taking any meds is against your will but would you not take one if it were to save your life? (for heart problems, diabetes). I felt the same way for a long time, even tried to find alternative medicine but realized it was not helping. I really hope you can get the courage to see a psychiatrist and start with the better life. Start slowly, maybe you will need to try a few different meds but I am sure you will find your cure. All the best, panic attacks are not fun......:-). Do you exercise? hugs  Marta
Great question to post on an anxiety forum. Who has anxiety. Don't think the forum would exist if none of us had anxiety.

You are reading content posted in the Anxiety Community