Anxiety Community
23k Members

zoloft for anxiety

how soon should i increase my dose of zoloft. i have been taking 25mg of zoloft for the past 3 days and actually dont feel better. my dr has me on this dose for 2wks then i should move to 50mg. can i up dose sooner to see if i will feel better
Hey Simstoo!

Trust what your doctor is doing for you.  Zoloft can take a while to kick in.  If you're not sure about that, search the rest of the forums.  It may seem hard to believe now, but it really will get better.  When I started taking it, everything was significantly worse for the first week and then it started doing its job.  In fact, I'm 4 months in and still getting better.  Doses can continue to be effective even through 6 months.  Don't give up on it yet.  See it through!  Also, he may be having you on a small dose because it does have that rough starting period.  It's just the way it works.

Best!