Anxiety Community
23k Members

zoloft not exactly working

iv been taking 50mg of zoloft for 2 months now and it hasnt done much for me. it decreased my depression, but the long term side effects are starting to kick in and i always feel lethargic day after day. getting up in the morning at 6am for school seems harder now than it ever has been in my life, and i go to bed at 9:30(which is really early). along with this, iv had a never-ending irritable attitude that i cant get over. i cant reaally focus on anything for more than 5 minutes so i think the zoloft is bringing up some ADD or something. zoloft hasnt done anything for my social anxiety and now i realize the anxiety is why im feeling depressed. A COUPLE QUESTIONS FOR ANYBODY: SHOULD I START TAKING AN ANTI-ANXIETY MEDICATION ALONE or CAN I TAKE THE ZOLOFT AND ANTI-ANXIETY MEDS. AT THE SAME TIME? FEEDBACK WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS!              
In my humble, non-medical opinion, I think you've given the Zoloft a fair trial and it's time now to return to your doctor and let him/her know how you are doing. Doesn't sound so real great to me. I could be very wrong about this and with many medications, things do have to get a bit worse before they get better............perhaps you are about to turn the corner? But to be on the safe side and to put your mind at ease, I would still schedule a sit down with my doc and tell them what you're going through. What do you have to lose?
Peace
Greenlydia
my doc said that zoloft takes about 24 days to work fully. i hope you are going to a good phsichiatrist and not an MD. i know that anxiety can cause me add like symptoms. WOW i cant beleive you are 18 and go to bed at 930. i would try to get off of all meds if you can, with the advice of a good doc. you might be able to do it with exercise and a good diet. i dont know **** you could be doing these things already. i can tell you that the smartest person i know has been on 100 mgs of zoloft for over 5 yrs and he is sharp as a tack. you are young i would try to find a phsychiatrist in cincy that is not a pill pusher, one that does natural as well. i am in podunk dayton and with my insurance i cant find one. i bet in cincy ther would be a few.

kcdem