I have been have had fairly severe joint pain for 2 weeks now. It is accompanied with a mild sore throat and slightly swollen tonsils. Before any pain began I had about 3 weeks of a mild cough, that is almost nonexistent now. The symptoms are:
* Painful and some swelling joints, both sides of the body: neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, some finger, hips, knees, ankles and big toes
* Morning pain, sometimes cannot raise one or both arms to brush hair, etc.
* Sore swollen tonsils (but not largely swollen and with no white marks - like a mild sore throat, worst at night)
* No fatigue (other than I am in pain constantly - but without the pain lots of energy as usual), no change in appetite or weight
* At the beginning of this felt I had a slight fever for a day and a half, at which point I was fatigues, but since then no fever, no fatigue
* Difficulty performing daily tasks like driving a car, brushing my teeth, until after around 3pm
* Feels like part of my body is sore, including my jaw, under my tongue, the nerves on my temples next to my eyes, etc.
Wondering if you have any insight for me. One last thing you should know, 8 weeks ago I was in the northeast in an area with much Lyme disease. I never found a tick, or had a rash, and never got a even mid level fever.
The only thing that seems to help the pain is a hot bath.
Thanks for your help!!