Arthritis Community

38 yr old male with neck Osteoarthritis & chronic pain

Is there any help in sight ? I am 38 yr old male - very active & thought very heathy, 6ft 1 5% bfi & gym 3+ days a week. Chronic neck & hip Osteoarthritis & 24-7 pain breaking me down fast - not able to ignore it any longer & otc meds not helping. Surgery not a $$ option at this time. Neck is spured & chunchy & pretty much killing me - Hip is very narrowed & full of cysts. I guess I am asking... what can I do ? I am losing a battle & the person whom I am versing is my own body.
Today my neck & up the back & sides of my head are cold & feel half numb - hands are numb, feet are numb, pain is relentless - I do my best to grin & bare it.
Have you seen a doctor?  Did you get MRI's?  How about Physical therapy?  If it makes you feel any better, my son, who is only 20, has neck problems and shoulder problems.  He's very frustrated also.  He is trying the PT, and the doctor gave him some anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxants.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches