Arthritis Community

Bursitis or Osteoarthritis?

Maybe something is genetically wrong with me.  When I was 33 I got my first bursitis (right shoulder).  The chiropractor said the bursa are like gelatin ball-bearings in the shoulder, and when one pops, the surrounding muscles become inflamed.  Now 10 years later, I have it in both shoulders, and pain when I walk, in my left arch and right ankle.  Once my ring finger knuckle hurt for a year.  The doc said the X-Ray showed no knuckle between the finger bones.  Is this a case of disappearing joints?  I've tried glucosamine chondroitin and shark cartilage but I can't see any noticeable improvements.  Is there any way to resolve (aside from pain killers and drugs that have unknown or risky side affects)?
Somebody help, bursitis in my hip
Bursitis is a misery!  I get it in my hips, too.  My doctor injects the bursa with steroids when it happens and it helps me immensely.  Are you seeing any other doctors or just the chiro?  I would recommend you get to a GP/PCP and have your symptoms investigated to see what may be going on.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches