Arthritis Community

Debilitating pain when I arise in morning

What causes a debilitating pain in the morning?  This pain has increased from 20-30 min. to 4-6 hrs.  It clears and then the next morning begins all over.  It prevents me from walking, sitting or standing without being in tears from pain.  An xray showed mild arthritis although I had back surgery 3 years ago for spinal stenosis, scoliosis and degenerative discs.  I have been feeling remarkably well and exercising until this has caused such severe pain. I hate to go to bed at night because I know that it begins again in the morning and extends a  longer period of time each day.  How can it come and go like that?   Reneikan
Have you considered getting a mri to see if you have a bulging disc or that the way to lay may cause something to press on a nerve? I would go to your dr and request a mri. Also you may want to consider putting something under your bed to elevate the legs or elevate the head and a mattress topper. I have back problems and I can't get out of bed the next day without my topper. Best wishes, Sissie
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches