Arthritis Community

Fibromyalgia or Arthritis

I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia by some doctors and Arthritis by other doctors.  I have the symptoms of arthritis, swollen fingers, neck & back pain, hip pain etc....in other words...what doesn't hurt?  I'm not into taking a lot of drugs.  As of now I take Advil, seems to work the best.  My body just aches all over, some days are worse than others.  Any advice on natural cures?
Fibromyalgia pain is associated with specific widespread pain at so called 12 or 13 tender points. Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain in specific areas of your body when pressure is applied, including the back of your head, upper back and neck, upper chest, elbows, hips and knees. The pain generally persists for months at a time and is often accompanied by stiffness. I would try acumpacture, exercise, hyponotherapy, and homeopathy.
Thanks for your info.  I'm leaning towards thinking that I suffer from arthritis, more than fibromyalgia...but, it's difficult to explain.  I have bad bursitis in my right shoulder which causes terrible pain, every moment.  But, I have all the other symptoms of fibromyalgia, except for the upper chest.  I will be starting physical therapy next week to see if that will help....thanks for your comment!
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches