Arthritis Community

Kidney damage and osteoarthritis

I have osteoarthritis just about everywhere.  I have had bilateral hip replacements, knee replacement, shoulder replacement and stenosis for which I have had back surgery for L4-5, S1, laminectomy and spinal fusion.  The stenosis is back in my spine.  I have been taken off anything with acetaminophen b/c of the kidney damage.  I am in terrible pain and need something that I can take that will not cause more kidney damage.  I have asked my rheumatologist for a referral to a pain clinic and she said I would have to wait until my appointment in December.  Every step I take hurts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated
I am so sorry your doctor is making you wait until your Dec appt to get a referral to a pain mgmt doc!  Can you get your appt moved up?
Ask your pharmacist if there is a pain med that would not cause probs for your kidneys and be compatible with other meds you are taking.  
Aside from an RX, you might try accupuncture, heat/cold therapies, topical pain relievers or massage to get relief from the pain you are experiencing.  Accupuncture did wonders for me while I was waiting for a dx, it was the best relief I got.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches