Arthritis Community

Knee Pain

Okay so I'm 22 years old and have been suffering with sever knee pain for a few years now. Arthritis runs in my family and my grandma has had both her knees replaced twice and my mother is only 43 and has her knees replaced already. They both have osteoarthritis and my father has rheumatoid arthritis. With that said, I was sitting outside on the porch reading and when I got up from the porch I heard a loud crack in my left knee, now I can barely put any weight on it and it sent a stabbing pain from my knee to the bottom of my left foot. I went to a doctor and they told me I was to young to have anything serious wrong with my knees, but I cannot stand for a long period of time without them swelling and cracking and just hurting so badly that I cannot walk. So, what now? The doctor says I'm fine but pain like this cannot be imagined lol
Have an orthopaedic surgeon take x-rays and evaluate your problem. A regular doctor in my opinion, does not have enough expertise to make a decision on a knee replacement. By the way, I had mine replaced in January and so far, barely any pain whatsoever...

Magnum
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches