Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
604489 tn?1220023514

Question about pain...

Has anyone who has suffered with arthritis experience pain in the center of the knee that radiates up the outside of the thigh?  For the past week, I have had excruciating pain in these areas that is not well controlled with OTC stuff like Advil or Aleve.  Thanks!
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
569755 tn?1220872102
how's about celecoxib 100mg bd ok friend
Helpful - 0
469901 tn?1276563623
That does not sound like pain I have had with my RA, but more information would be needed to determine if that is a consideration.  Do you have pain in your other knee?  How long has this been hurting?  Have you tried rest, elevation and either heat or ice?  
If you can, see your doctor so he/she can evaluate your knee and develop a plan to get you out of pain.  I know there is nothing more miserable than being in unrelenting pain.  I hope you feel better soon!
Helpful - 0
604489 tn?1220023514
Hi!  Thanks for responding to my post.  To answer your questions, I don't have any pain in my other knee or thigh.  As of today, it's been hurting for a week, but the pain has toned down the last couple of days.  I haven't gotten any relief from elevation or applying heat or ice.  It's driving me nuts.  My mother suffered with RA and my symptoms never sounded like anything she went through.  Once again, thanks for responding to both you and zeeoat.
Helpful - 0
387767 tn?1345872027
I'm not a doctor but I get pain on the outside of my knee which goes down the side of the leg and sometimes radiates to the center.  I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and illiotibial band tendonitis.  Do you exercise or run?  If so, it could be ITB tendonitis.
Helpful - 0
469901 tn?1276563623
Cindee makes a great point.  Thanks for sharing your experience and dx.  I am glad to read that your symptoms are getting better.  Sometimes these things just take time, even when we see the doctor.  Hang in there.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Arthritis Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches