Arthritis Community

Reoccurring pains in hands, knees and feet since birth?

Ever since I can remember I've had these random pains in my hands, knees and feet. It comes and goes but doesn't affect my mobility or cause any swelling at all. I take ibuprofen to help when I have pain, but I worry about the long term effects of taking it all the time.

I was taking meloxicam and it helped, but a doctor suggested I stop taking it because it's bad for my stomach, and try to get to the bottom of the problem instead.

Since then I've been seeing a rheumatologist who seems to think I have rheumatoid arthritis, but I'm not convinced. The symptoms just don't line up. I don't have any swelling or stiffness, no joint damage as far as I know, and I've had this my whole life. My mother had the same thing, and her father had it.

He's got me on hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate, and diclofenac but none of them are helping at all. I tried a sterioid pack which seemed to help a little, but didn't get rid of my pain.

My sed rate and C-reactive protein tests were high.

Tests I've had that came back normal: Anti-dsDNA, Hepatitis B, Sjogrens Antibodies, Scleroderma, ANA, Vitamin B12, HLA-B27 Antigen, ENA, Cyclic Citrullinated Peptide, Hepatitis C, Jo-1 Antibody, and normal x-rays.

Can anyone help me? I just wish I knew what was wrong with me.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches