A
A
A
Close
Arthritis Community
3.05k Members
987242 tn?1335490770

Swan neck deformity

Basically my fingers will lock up once in a while in the swan neck deformity, but eventually they come loose and I am able to use them. Also I can purposely put them in that locked position, though they come on done real easy when I do it purposely. My question is, is this just something I can do or is it something I should mention to the doctor? Thanks in advance.
1 Responses
1711789 tn?1361308007
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!

Locking up of the finger joints giving the finger a curved shape is not the swan neck deformity. The locking may be normal in some individuals due to tendon stretch, while it may be abnormal in a few others secondary to injuries, fractures, loose bodies etc. If this can be done willingly, the former is a more likely possibility; though you may consider getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management, if required.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches