Arthritis Community

Vit K for Osteoarthritis

Just read about Osteo K with 45 MG of Vitamin K.  Is this a good and safe alternative for Fosamax?
If you have osteoporosis, I think it is best to take the medication prescribed by your doctor.  Supplements and herbal remedies are not approved by the FDA.  I have not seen any studies to indicate that this is an effective alternative.  While this may be beneficial, I would think the treatment plan would be the one your doctor prescribes.
Thanks for the comment.  Ordinarily, I would say you are right to follow doctor recommendation first.  However, I have read about some very nasty side affects associated with Fosamax and am quite concerned about taking it.  
Do not have bad osteoarthritis, just trying to keep bones strong.  I read about Osteo K in a very reputable magazine (Bottom Line) in May 09.  They were very positive about it.
All medications have the potential for side effects.  Interactions between medications and herbal supplements are possible.  Please check with your doctor and/or pharmacist before combining any medications and supplements.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches