Arthritis Community

WHAT CAN I DO? PSORIATIC ARTHIRTIS/FIBROMYALGIA

I AM AT MY WITS END. I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.  I AS FEELING GREAT. BETER THAN EVEN AS I HVE HAD TIMES OF FEELING CRUMMY NOW FOR 5 YEARS.  I HAVE BEEN DIGNOSED WITH PSORIATIC ARHTIRTIS AND FIBROMYALGIA. THIS TIME, 1 MONTH AGO IT STARTED WITH A SORE THROAT AND THEN I DEVELOPED GUTTATE PSORAISI, WHICH I HAVE HAD BOFRE.  PLACED ON ANTBX. [PSORIASIS BETER. NOW GENERALIZED SORNESS ALL OVER ALL MY TENDONS. HEEL HURT IN THE MORNING THAT I CAN NOT WALK FOR A LITTLE WHILE AFTER AWAKENING. AND ALSO MY NECK IS STIFF.  WORST OF ALL I HAVE HAD A HEADACHE NOW FOR 16 DAYS...I AWAKE AND IT IS STILL TEHRE. I GET STARTLED AND IT IS FLAMING WORSE. ALL ON MY LEFT SIDE OF MY FOREHEAD  AREA.  REALY WEIRD SENSTION.  I AHVE HAD A MIGRANE BOFRE THAT LASTED 2 WEEKS VERY SIMILAR TO THIS. ALSO I HAVE ANOTHER OVARIAN CYST TYPE FEELING, OR ABD LIGAMNET PAIN???CAN NOT MOVE MY BOWELS, I GO ONLY 3-5 DAYS OR SO AND I GET NO RELEIVE FORM STIMILANTS.. I ALSO HAVE A GENERALIZED SHAKEIINESS TO MY BODY AND I FEEL LIKE FOR BS IS LOW BUT I EAT AND IT DOES NOT GO AWAY, ALSO DIZZY..WEIRD.  I AMA NURSE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THIS.  COULD IT ALL BE CONNECTED? I FEEL CRAZY. I AM A MOTHER OS 3 AND WORK FULL TIME WITH THE VNA.  I CANN'T STAND THESE FEELING STHIS TIME.  MT PCP IS SENDING ME TO ALL SPECIALISTS.  MAY FOR GI. OB AND RHEUMO AND ALSO A NERUOLOGIST.. I DONT; KNOW WHAT SHOULD BE THE FOCUS.. ANYONE EVERY HAD INFO ON SOMEONE FEELING SO CRUMMY AND ALL THESE SYMPTOMS.. I FEEL LIKE  HYPERCONDRIACT. :(  IF ANYONE ONLY UNDERSTOOD AND LISTENED TO ME. I ALSO FEEL LIKE THIS IS REVOLOVED AROND MY MENSES..IS THERE ANY MD THAT WILL LOOK AT EVEYTHING AND JUST TELL ME WHAT TO DO WITH OUT INTERUPTING MY WHOLE LIFE. JUST LAST MONTH I WAS RUNNING AND EXERCISES DAILY ADN SOOO HAPPY... NOW SO SAD. PLEASE HELP WITH INFO IF YOU CAN. I ANM OPEN TO ANY SUGGESTIONS..
Sorry you are having to deal with so much.  I just posted something on someone else's question which may be of help to you, I'm going to copy and paste it here for you:

To: dan699

Leave a Note
Send Message
Add as Friend

dan699
Member since Dec 2008  

Hi Dan,

First let me say I really sympathize with you.  Since a surgery I had 2 years ago to fix an issue in my hip joint I have had nothing but joint pain, in both hips - told I need both replaced, in my spine - feels like the bones are 'hitting' each other and in both shoulders -crunching like you describe and major pain in a/c joint - also had rotator cuff injury - yes it's really miserable.

I have been from Dr. to Dr. and they cannot really tell me why this has happened when I used to be so healthy.  Reluctant to get more surgery (hip replacement) after bad experience last time, or at least keep that as a very last resort I've tried lots of holistic methods - most without much success, although accupuncture does help for a while and meditation CD's allow me to get a decent rest.

Recently I had a 'live blood analysis' done and was really amazed!  The guy who did it was a PHD and incredibly knowlegable.  When my blood was really magnified he was able to see a 'stealth pathogen' a tiny organism about the size of a pin head when my red b. cell was magnified to the size of a pencil eraser.  It was called 'mycoplasma arthritides'  Because it had no cell walls, the white cells couldn't find it this caused them to attack my joint tissues instead.

I know lots of people might think this is hocus pocus - and it may be if performed by anyone less than a real scientist with lots of experience - but to me it was the answer that nobody else was able to come up with and explained a lot!  It also wasn't super expensive - less than most tests etc. and I am convinced I now have the answers I need to heal my whole body.  If you are thinking about it be sure to go to someone really really good.  I have a friend whose RA is much better since she went to this guy, which is a great endorsement.  You are too young to suffer like this so whatever you do I really hope you are able to get help.

It may sound radical but for me was a miracle!  Plus - it does no harm to the body, unlike cortisone, meds etc. When nothing in the regular med community is getting the answers you need maybe it would help to look out side the box.  I got more info. about all this from a site called 'arthritis help for me'
Live blood cell analysis actually goes back to the 1800's.  The story is hard, hard, hard to wrap your mind around, because we've been taught that all disease is a baddie that somehow penetrates our defenses from the outside.  The fascinating story behind the discovery that the bad guys that eat us up are actually mutations of critters we carry around with us all the time is truly scary.  It's not a very long book, and the print is fairly good sized, but instead of whizzing through as I normally do, I had to take at least the fifth reading before I could calm down.  The entire thing sounds like an Alfred Hitchock take on Einstein with a little Twilight Zone thrown in.  But looking at your own blood cells with a backlit light is hard to repudiate.  Especially is that true when your skin is pricked, you see the critters in your own blood, eat something, wait a short time, and examine a second drop, seeing the blood cells morphing right in front of you.  As a participant in this experiment, you know 100% that there's no hocus pocus going on, and it's scary as all get-out.  But knowing is at least half the battle and you can take action to move forward.  Read:  Sick and Tired by Robert O. Young; any of the pH books by him and his wife, Shelley Redford Young, the books in the bibliographies of their books, and any thing else that you can research from whatever source.  That old phrase, "You're the doctor!" takes on new meaning every day that you search for answers to your health problems.  The health food store employees hear it all:  the impossible cases that have found no solutions, the stuff that may work, the stuff that does work, the most innovative drs at ferreting solutions for difficult cases---so they'll likely know of a live blood cell analyst, or can network with other hfs in larger cities and refer you to someone with a good rep.  You're not likely to find it in the yellow pages for another two hundred years or so.  sdbrit, I'm so grateful to you for wording your answer as you did.  I've mentioned the Sick and Tired, the other Young books, and a number of others on several forums, but didn't want to divulge the actual info for fear of being labeled nuts, a luno, a radical---whatever tag could be applied to one who promotes such truly astonishing information.  The whole concept is so alien to what we read in textbooks from second grade on, that it's extremely repugnant to think of initially.  That's why I had to read it 5 times to start, and try to keep my rapidly churning stomach and increasing heart rate tamped down---it's that shocking.  And yet, once you understand, it makes perfect sense.  Having grown up on a farm, from around 11 or 12, I'd had questions re cuts on animals and people, sick animals, and dead animals, that I could never have satisfactorily answered.  The morphing makes sense.  It's imperative that we read as widely as possible, because ultimately, we, the patients, unless we're comatose, must agree to whatever protocol we'll follow, or to which ones we'll subject ourselves.  I have absolutely had good benefits from raw apple cider vinegar with the mother, but the Youngs say it's a definite no-no.  So, it's we, in the end, who must decide where we'll compromise, and to stick, in every respect, with a protocol long enough to give results a fair chance before altering the program.  I have been thrilled with my success, so far, but have a long way to go.  Best wishes to all.  Please do report back on your reaction to the book(s) and your success with the protocol.
Thanks Marrin for the endorsement - I know what you mean about others thinking this is 'looney tunes' but - you are right, when you see your own blood with your own eyes and then do a little research it's amazing science.  I am sending everyone I know who has any health concern that is not clearing up to get a live blood analysis, it just makes sense.

Denise let us know what you think please.
I have fibromyalgia, and I do have a lot of the same symptoms.  I have the shakey feeling, joint and muscle aches, and skin rashes and itching.  I get headaches, which I never got before.  I also get constipated.  

Get your thyroid checked and your Vit. D. level.  The rheumy can do this, if he hasn't already.  For the bowels, eat plenty of fruits and veggies, like celery and apples.  Take stool softeners every day.  Drink a lot of water.  Some of the medications can also make you constipated.  

I know how hard it is to live with this disease.  I have a lot of other health issues along with it and bad arthritis in my knees.  I also used to exercise a lot, now I can only walk my dog for about 10-15 minutes and I'm done.  Just don't give up!
Check the thryroid and adrenal forums, here, and at other sites.  Check the web for your symptoms.  Research vit/min deficiencies.  Muscle tenseness and inability to fully relax muscles and achieve that all-over "at ease" mode is often a sign of mineral deficiency.  Magnesium immediately comes to mind, but its critical to have your other mins in balance.  Normally if you're deficient in one vit/min, you're going to be deficient in several.  Since the vits are synergstic, as are many of the mins, take a high potency multi of each.  Read as much as you can about health, esp alterative health.  If allopathic medicine had the answers for you, you wouldn't be posting here.  No matter how off-the-wall tangent the topic may be, explore it.  It might be the lost piece to your puzzle.  Good luck.  Let us hear what works for you.
I also have adrenal fatigue and have had benign cysts on my thyroid, noticable for over a year - all that along with all the arthritis symptoms.  I am learning that once you are off in one area it doesn't take much for the other systems to become affected.  The body is one whole unit with various systems that depend on each other.  When the gut is stressed and not functioning properly from all the meds ingested to cope with the pain nutrition isn't assimilated and other systems such as endocrine are affected.  Muscular/skeletal tension can affect the nervous system - sometimes it's hard to know where it all started.  The problem with most allopathic docs. is that they see the body in 'parts' - just focusing on their speciallty - not looking at it as one whole unit.

The live blood analysis scientist that I went told me that the thyroid cysts were a result of too much estrogen (I have know for years that I had high estrogen - but I hadn't told him that).  We are going to work on that after my joints are feeling better, in the meantime I'm avoiding soy because of it's phytoestrogens.  I also have leaky gut, again we'll tackle that a bit later - with aloe vera juice and a particular collostrum that is supposed to work really well.  In the meantime I'm watching my diet, no gluten and my digestion has been much better since.

It is easy to get depressed and think 'why me' because it does suck to be sick!!  BUT, please have a bit of faith in the miracle that your body is and find someone to work with who gives you that positive feeling in your gut that they are on the right track and will help you.  there are as many nerves in your gut as your brain and there is a particular intelligence that when we tune into can tell us a lot - when it 'feels' right your body and spirit is speaking to you, also true when something doesn't 'feel' right or is frustrating etc.  If you want proof that the body is a healing miracle when given the right 'tools' see Oprah's website about the guy who regenerated a finger after it was severed - it was on the Extreme Life Extension episode.

Some good reading that has helped me is The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton and a book by Norman Cousins on how he healed himself from pancreatic cancer (forget the name).

I love Marrin600's comment that if the allopathic docs had all the answers nobody would be posting here.  They are just making their best guess in most cases - but the medical industry want's to think it has all the answers and when they don't or they are wrong they make us feel that it's in our heads or something 'wrong' with us.  The fact is they can be wrong or not have all the answers - look at stomach ulcers they used to think they were casued by stress and now they know that they are caused by a bacteria! So for years and years doctors were telling people what was causing their symptoms convinced that they were right and in fact we now know they were dead wrong!

Not knocking all doctors, some are great - but the system, and especially the pharmaceutical industry, is very flawed in my opinion and to not even acknowedge other modes of healing is really immature and very ego driven.

Sorry about the rambling.  It's just that I've realized that we have to be our own main health care provider and consider all options and check in with ourselves to see what is right for us.  You are the boss of your body!

Good luck.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches