Welcome to the arthritis forum! Here you will find a wonderful group of friends who have arthritis, think they have arthritis or are being diagnosed. We are patients, not doctors, and through our combined experiences, we have much information we can share to help you as you go through the steps of getting a diagnosis, or if you're newly diagnosed, we can offer suggestions on how to cope. We are all here to support, share and laugh with each other as we find our way through all the ways arthritis affects our lives.
Did you know there are over 100 different types of arthritis? Many of us here have autoimmune forms of arthritis meaning that our immune systems have gone awry and are attacking healthy tissue. Some of us have osteoarthritis, which can provide similar challenges. All of these conditions share discomfort, pain and limitation of our abilities. This common denominator binds us together as we conquer the challenges of these conditions.
To get the most from our forum, please post and share your questions, thoughts, concerns or funny stories. Nothing is too silly, too common or too weird. You will be surprised at how many of us will be able to identify with you! If you are more comfortable just reading the posts, or replying to others, by all means join in that way, too. We try to get back to everyone as quickly as possible but don’t fret if it takes a bit to get a response. Feel free to bump your message back to the top of the forum by adding an entry and know we will write as soon as we can.
Besides our fabulous forum, Medhelp has great tools that you can take advantage of, too.
* There are pain trackers, journals and the ability to set your visibility preferences on your profile page.
* You can send private messages, leave notes and read what other members have shared on their profile pages.
* At the top of the forum page you will see a list of common arthritis forum conditions and you can click on each of them for more information about them.
* The Health Topics page can be accessed where you will find a vast library of information on a variety of subjects.
* On the Forums page you will find patient forums on the left and ask a doctor forums on the right.
We're glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you!