Arthritis Community

What were the symptoms of your sarcoidosis?

Sarcoidosis can appear suddenly and disappear. Alternatively, it can develop gradually and go on to produce symptoms that come and go, sometimes for a lifetime.The symptoms of sarcoidosis depend on what areas of the body are affected.Shortness of breath (dyspnea) and a cough that won't go away can be among the first symptoms of sarcoidosis.But sarcoidosis can also show up suddenly with the appearance of skin rashes.Tender, raised, red bumps (called subcutaneous sarcoidosis or erythema nodosum) on the shins of the legs, or less frequently on the arms, are common and can cause leg or arm pain.A rash on the surface of the skin (cutaneous sarcoidosis or sarcoid dermatitis) of the face occurs frequently.Inflammation of the eyes can also occur.More generalized symptoms of sarcoidosis include:weight loss,fatigue,night sweats,fever, orjust an overall feeling of ill health.It is important to note that sarcoidosis is usually not crippling. It often goes away by itself, often healing in 24 to 36 months. Even when sarcoidosis lasts longer, most patients can go about their lives as usual.
Remicade and Methotreate eventually stopped the developement of Sarcoid lessions in my bones.
My symptoms are shortness of breath, red spot on retina, and arthritis.
On a Thursday in June, my eyes swelled shut.Doctor said it was uvitus. On Monday, right side of face was paralyzed. Admitted to hospital. Lymph gland in neck and throat, lungs swelled.  Pain all over body. Bladder and bowels became paralyzed.Slurring of words and memory lapses.  Wore a bag. Back & legs had hot pain. Many tests and then lung biopsy showed neurosarcoidosis.  Everything is pretty  much back to normal except my legs still have pain. On perdinsone with swollen legs, ankles and feet. Can't wear shoes.  Lots of pain in legs all the time. Has been 2 1/2 months now. Sleep still affected (very little) Predinsone messes up my diabetes big time. Feel like a guinea pig with doctors. I try to keep active, but have to rest a lot.
My symptoms were swollen neck glands, weight loss, shortness of breath (especially walking up stairs, on exertion, and traveling up higher elevations) and scar tissue on my lungs (my lungs looked as if they had been laced with spaghetti.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches