Arthritis Community

arthritis of the hip or chronic post hernia surgery pain

Is there any definitive way [MRI?] to tell if my pain is chronic post surgery pain or if it is hip arthritis?

I had hernia [inguinal - insertion of mesh, and umbilical - sutures only] surgery last year.  After some time [a couple of months?] being relatively pain free and doing a lot of walking on vacation, the pain came back when I undertook 2 projects in the house that required much usage of stairs and a lot of up and down, squatting, and kneeling.  It has gotten worse.
Hernia doc sends me to orthopedic doc to take x-rays of hip for possible arthritis.  Orthopedic doc thinks it's arthritis, but, to my ears, doesn't sound like he's sure.  A friend is a PA for orthopedic doc and does surgeries with/under his orthopedic doc, and does a lot of clinic type stuff.  He looked at my x-rays, and is less than definitive with what he thinks is causing my groin pain.  Will soon be going to another doc.
after 7 months of testing my docs still aren't sure if the majority of my pain is from the hip or lower back since both areas are highly arthritic. All that I can add is be 100% sure before any surgeries and make sure you get a 2nd opinion!
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches