Arthritis Community

chest pain

I am experiecing moderate chest pain but it is mostly in the middle of my breast bone.  The pain is sharp especially when i breath hard or burp and when i bent down/over.  It has been hurting for 2 1/2 days, preventing me from sleeping for more than a few hours at a time.  I don't think I had any injury that would have caused it.  Any help would be appreciated, since I have no health insurance to go to the doctor.
Chest pain should always be investigated.  I would hate to post advice here and find out that you actually had a problem with your heart.  While I understand you do not have health insurance, the hospitals and doctors will work out payment plans for you or have assistance programs.  If there is a hospital near you that falls under the Hill Burton act, they are required to provide a certain amount of free or reduced rate health care.  The United Way may also be a resource for you.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches