Arthritis Community

curious about my osteoarthritis

Could osteoarthritis spread?
When I was around 18 I was diagnosed with Osteoarthritis in my left knee, but now I'm almost 25 and I am having a lot more bone pain but the most extreme is my knees but now I have the same pain, popping, cracking in my hips, ankles, wrists, lower ribcages with a bump on the right, shoulder blades, neck, spine, and my tailbone hurts pretty bad as well, oh and the bone in the side of my foot.. i haven't been back to a specialists since the diagnosis and I have no insurance. Does Osteoarthritis affect almost all your bones?
Yes osteoarthritis can affect any joint in your body.  You seem to be having a great deal of pain, in a lot of areas of your body.  It may be due to something else.  You really need to see a doctor to get a diagnosis.  The popping and cracking sounds more than arthritis.  

It is difficult for us here to make a diagnosis.  Don't you think it would be wise to ask for a refferal back to the specialist?  
I would love to see a specialist the problem is I am waiting to be approved for medicaid so I can see my primary care and my neurologist, I could try over the phone to get my doctor to referr me but I'm unsure if he can find a specialist that will see me without medicaid or money to pay up front. When he referred me to a new neurologist they wouldn't see me without an insurance they take or $200 up front for the very first appointment I don't have any money right now because of all my health issues interferring with work:( The dhs is taking forever to get back with me i applied for insurance in feb. they gave me plan first which only covers gyno type stuff so i told her I need straight medicaid to see my doctors i need to see and she told me in April more people will be eligible so now I am waiting on if I am or not.
As I live in the UK things are different over here.  I am not familiar with how things are in the USA, so I am not much help - sorry.  
Until I have insurance, Any help I can get is appreciated and I thank you(: I just figured since I already have osteoarthritis and the pain and cracking, popping sounds are similar so I figured it was just arthritis. I don't really know what else it could be..
You are so young to be having the pain of osteoarthritis, and I am so sorry you are having more problems.  Although we have NHS over here in UK it takes a long time after a referral to get treatment.  I phoned today about seeing a physiotherapist privately, as can take a long time on NHS, but the cost was prohibitive.  I did have a sports massage instead, as cheaper, but although it was very nice, I don't think it has helped with my pain.

When I saw a specialist at the hospital what they offer is strong pain killers or injections.  I believe physiotherapy or oesteopathy is best for manipulating painful arthritis joints.  I am going to see my doctor next week and ask how long a referral will take.  Last time it took 3 months to see a physiotherapist at my local hospital, but they did help a lot.  But when we are in acute pain, like you and I, we don't want to wait.  

I do a lot of different exercises to try and help myself, and stay mobile.  We have to live with it as best we can, but not easy.  I take different supplements to try and help.  I am an old lady so wear and tear of arthritis is expected, but for someone your age it must be very difficult.  I do hope you get more help soon.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches