Arthritis Community

metacarpophalangeal and proximal interphalangeal pain causes?

Hi, I am a 30 year old male and I have a question please. What causes proximal interphalangeal and metacarpophalangeal joint pain? My hands are starting to hurt bad. I know I have arthritis, plus meniscus problems in my left knee because I had a MRI done. I am having joint pain in my left ankle too, I don't know what could be wrong? Will the Dr. be able to determine the cause? Also, has anyone had any experiences with other NSAID pain meds that are any better than Mobic? Thanks and have a great day! :)
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Multiple joint pain is seen in fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hashimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, SLE or lupus, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Please talk to your doctor regarding these and get yourself examined accordingly. You can try Aleve. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches