pain relief

Please can you let me have some pain relief answers for arthritus in my finger joints.
I am a female of 63 years.
I take thyroxin for an under active thyroid and calichew calcium pills.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Unfortunately we can't give you usable answers. You will have to get your doctors advice.
Because of your age, and relative expectation of multiple age related health issues, you need specific guidance to prevent further problems.

However, barring any contraindications, the typical recommendations are NSAIDS such as naproxen. Diet will also help some.
If it's Rheumatoid arthritis, that will be a little harder to work with.
Your Dr. might also prescribe some steroids, if appropriate for your health.

Unless your DR. says otherwise, I would not suggest ice. Due to your age, your circulation is probably already somewhat reduced.
Helpful - 0
thank you for your reply. I have taken your advice and have made an appointment with my doctor.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Arthritis Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches