Arthritis Community

sedimentation rate

My husband had MRSA in the left hip prothesis and it also went to a left torn rotator cuff(which has been repaired ) and in arod in the left humerus- the rod and the prothesis have been removed-he had 4 rounds of vancomycin & 1 round of daptomycin and was on rimphiam and doxocycline for 6 months-he has been off antibotics for 6 months-his sed-rate ranges from 33 to 44- he wants desperately to have a new prothesis-what other factors would cause his sed rate to be elevated? Bone scan was negative fr osteomylitis-he has heart disease and osteoarthritis.

This discussion is related to elevated sed rate and c reactive protein.
Hello, and welcome to the community!
An elevated sed rate could be caused by any number of things! It's generally a marker for inflammation, but not a diagnostic aide. It's possible that either the heart disease and/or the OA are causing it to be elevated as well as, if I'm understanding correctly, surgeries to remove prosthesis - the surgeries alone could be a cause of inflammation. Has he discussed the elevation with his doctor? If so, what are they saying about it? Have the run any other labs?

Please touch back with us and let us know how things are going!
D.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches