Ashermans Syndrome Community
13 Members

Introduction

Hello!  Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm very glad I found this group, as most of you know, Asherman's is not commonly understand and it's hard to find people to talk to about it.

My story:  Had DS in 2005 via c-section due to being breach.  We have now been TTC #2 for almost 2 years.  Finally saw a RE in March, had HSG in May and found that my uterus was completely blocked.  I had surgery to correct it on June 3rd.  Went in for another HSG at the beginning of July and found that my uterus is now 50% clear and the right tube is clear.  We have been given a good chance at conceiving, and I will be having one more surgery to remove more of the scarring that is on the left side.

Good luck to all, and hope to get to know you.

Nicole (Iowa)
Hi!  Welcome to our group!  
You are right, Asherman's is a very misunderstood and much underdiagnosed syndrome!  That's why I started this forum.
To me, it is very dear to my heart!!!
After having having surgery with 1 RE, and having him tell me that "my uterus" was the reason I wasn't getting pregnant after surgery... only to move to another RE who told me I may need a surrogant after my second surgery with him, I decided to educate myself as much as possible, and seek out doctors that specialize in ashermans.  
I did that, and after a 3rd surgery with a doctor that specializes in ashermans, I was given the OK to ttc at the end of March.  My husband and I are in the process of getting ready to do a FET with yet another RE, with donor embryos.  I am very hopeful, and believe that after having this third and final surgery, that I will be successful! :)  I am on a mission to inform women that just because 1 doctor cannot "fix" you that there is still hope!  You just need to be armed with the correct information, and be lead in hopefully the right direction : )

If you need someone to talk to, or to throw ideas off of... please do so!  That is what we are here for!!!!

I had scarring along the left side also, and a small amount at the fundus.

Melissa *ohio*
I'm so sorry for your struggle, and wishing you the best on this next FET.  I know that it is a long road for some, but it CAN be successful.

Although my RE does not specialize in Asherman's, he is following A-list protocol (from what I've researched) and has been wonderfully encouraging yet honest.  After my first surgery, he made the comment that he didn't know if I could get pregnant.  But then at my 2nd HSG he kind of laughed and said, "Well the right side looks pretty normal!"  I am very hopeful for my next surgery.  I will schedule it as soon as my next cycle starts.

I look forward to keeping in touch with you!
That's great!  It sounds like you have done your research!  I honestly think that is the best step.  Dr. March did my 3rd surgery, it sounds like you might be familar with him??
Anyway, I am so glad things are going so well for you!  

I go to my RE tomorrow for my consult : )  I am so excited, and scared!!! : )

I look foward to keeping in touch with you also!  Thanks for "dropping in", and I hope this next surgery is the last :)

hugs!
M
Yes, I've heard very good things about Dr. March!

GL at your appt. please let me know how it goes.

I am also hoping this will be the last surgery.

Take care!
Yeah, he's great!  I cannot say enough wonderful things about him!   Heck, he lets you email him about your case for free!  Even when your not his patient!! : )

I hope this is your last surgery too!  I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!

I am going to be doing a transfer at the end of Aug!!!   Yippeee!  I am so excited!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.