Ask a Nurse Forum

Abscess???

Has anyone ever had an abscess while pregnant? I believe I have one. Can it harm baby? Should I go to doctor right away?
Thanks for using the forum.

If you have an abscess I would recommend seeing your doctor. I am not sure where you believe the abscess is. The doctor can examine you and determine if you need any treatment, make sure the doctor is aware of your pregnancy if any medication or treatment is ordered.

I hope this helps.

Cathy
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.