Ask a Nurse Forum

Itchy skin

Hi nurse am 29 weeks pregnant  and have been experiencing itchy skin am currently using E45 body wash along with the cream but not doing much can I use calomine lotion instead ??
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Itchy skin is not an uncommon complaint from pregnant women.  Be sure that you are drinking plenty of fluids, resting and you can try some moisturizing cream/lotion (I usually try and get a hypoallergenic one) for your skin.  As always, when you see your OB/GYN let him/her know of any new symptoms that you have- they may have another suggestion for you.  Good luck with your pregnancy!

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.