Ask a Nurse Forum

Sensitive painful Skin

Earlier on today my faince started to get a painful sensitive feeling on her back. There is no redness or rash. Its not swollen nor is there anything visible to the naked eye. She says its sore when something brushes against it or to the touch. It is also sore when left alone (but not as much as when something touches it). Its been about 5 hours since it started hurting. It is located in her lower back.

Any ideas what this might be?

Cheers
Toy
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

your wife will need to see her doctor about this since it is hard for me to even guess what is causing this.  One thing that does come to mind is shingles, which is caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox.  Shingles can be very painful.  Have your fiance see her doctor to determine what is going on.  Good luck.

Bridget
I'm a 56yr. old female with multiple medical problems - but- this 1 eludes me.At no particular time of year or any other stimuli to relate this to,I have extremely sensitive  no rashes/bumps/bruises/etc.Generally starts around my rib area on both sides-then-progresses to skin on both arms/over hip area.Usually stays tender to light touch for 1-2 weeks-then-leaves as suddenly as it appeared-only to come back again every 2-4 months with same symptoms. Anyone have any idea of what this might be &/or what can be done about it? Contact me at ***@****. Thank You
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.