Ask a Nurse Forum

clowdy white nipple discharge

I'm probably 4 weeks pregnant by now, I haven't seen a doctor. My nipples are discharging a clowdy white liquid. Is it part of my pregnancy symptoms?
Thanks for using the forum.

Many women experience nipple discharge during the later stages of pregnancy as the breast tissue prepares for lactation. Some women do experience nipple discharge early in pregnancy. This discharge is usually clear. Repeated stimulation of the nipple can also cause discharge. This can happen from manipulation and squeezing, or chaffing against a bra during exercise.

There are also several medical conditions that cause nipple discharge which require immediate medical attention. It is for this reason that I would recommend that you call your doctor with your concerns. Your doctor will be able to best evaluate if your discharge is cause for concern or just a normal part of pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Cathy
Its is but not this early in pregnancy im35 weeks almost due and my nips started leaking lik at 17weeks
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.