Ask a Nurse Forum

early pregnancy!!

I've recently been put on bed rest for shortness of cervix I am only 20 weeks. I was wondering was it normal for me to urinate as much as I have been. In the past 30 minutes I have urinated at lest 8 times and its not just drops
Thanks for using the forum.

That is a lot of urination. If you are concerned, or experiencing any other symptoms such as pain or burning on urination, abdominal, side, or back pain, or notice a change in color or a cloudiness of your urine I would call your doctor. These can all be signs of a urinary infection and should be followed up on immediately. It is possible that you are drinking more fluids that normal and being stuck on bedrest, getting up to urinate more frequently. Additionally, pregnant women often have an increase in frequency of urination. This can be due to hormone and physical changes of pregnancy.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope this helps.

Cathy
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.