Ask a Nurse Forum

extremely bad painful eye-popping abscess

hello there.....i've had this skin infection or something on my upper innet thigh right next to the scrotum on both sides....my skin is pink down there and i've had this for a few years now....im trying "BETAMETHASOME CREAM"...at the moment...ive used it before but i forgot what it actually did,but it cured my abscess which were in my armpits i guess... help!!!!
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

You should try some warm soaks to the area- or sitting in a warm bath for a while to see if it helps.  Betamethasone is a cortico-steroid cream which can help with the inflammation and the swelling.  If you do not see an improvement in a day or so, or if you see that the abscess is getting worse, then you should get it checked out by your doctor.  Sometimes, antibiotics are needed to treat the abscess and sometimes they need to be drained.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.