how soon

Hi im 18 years old and i was wondering how soon can you tell , you're pregnant ??
Thanks for using the forum.

The only way to tell for sure is to take a pregnancy test. The home pregnancy test looks for the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG in your urine. If the hormone is detected, you get a positive result. It is for this reason that they are most accurate 1 week after the first day of your missed period. The level of the hormone has to be high enough to be detected in your urine.

I hope this helps.

Cathy
Everyone is different!  I didn't have any symptoms until i was about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant.  Have you missed a period?  If you think you might be pregnant take a home test or have a doctor do a blood test (those are the most accurate)... It's always better to know for sure!  Best of luck!!

If u take a home pregnancy test using two different brands on Day 6 of your missed period, how accurate is that? Should u take it again? If yes, when should u take it again?

You are reading content posted in the Ask a Nurse Forum

In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.