Ask a Nurse Forum

lump

i have a lump under neath my skin near my pelvic bone u cant see it only feel it like a size of a marble it only hurts when put pressure on it im 28-29 weeks pregnant what is it ?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is hard for me to say, for sure, what the lump is, but it does sound like a swollen gland.  When you go for your OB/GYN appointment, show it to your doctor so he/she can check it out and let you know for sure.  Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Bridget
i have found out that its a cyst and it turned into an abscess and burst yesturday the doctors perscribed me with anti-biotics but i feel sick taken the capsules as the cyrup do i have to take them cant i just keep the area clean

Sorry to hear it was a cyst, but you ABSOLUTELY need to take the antibiotic.  An abscess is serious and if not treated can return and the bacteria can also find its way into your bloodstream and cause a sepsis (an infection throughout your whole body).  Make sure to keep the area clean as well.  Have you tried taking the antibiotic with food? This sometimes helps prevent an upset stomach.  If you are having severe nausea/vomiting, you should let your doctor know and he or she might be able to give you a different antibiotic.  Also, eating yogurt can help if you are having diarrhea.  I wasn't sure with your comment if you are taking the antibiotic in liquid for or by capsule form.  If you are taking a liquid, sometimes they don't taste good and you might be better with a capsule or tablet.   Feel free to write back if you need.

Bridget
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.