Ask a Nurse Forum

menstrual period

Hi I'm 18 yrs old. Is it normal for me to get fever and vomiting when I get my menstrual?
Thanks for using the forum.

Some women experience nausea with their period symptoms. Often, the nausea is coupled with cramps/abdominal pain. Once the pain is relieved, the nausea resolves. Fever, is not a common period symptom. I would recommend making an appointment with your doctor. You need to make sure that you don't have any infections causing your symptoms. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Cathy
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.